sábado, 15 de dezembro de 2007

No skills or talent? Come and join us

Do Peter Wilby, de The Guardian. Engraçada. E certeira...
(A coluna é muito boa, recomendo a leitura. Começa com uma bela análise de como se constrói um tirano. Clique aqui)

"I have often expressed the view that journalism needs a social class category all to itself. It is not a profession (no esoteric knowledge) nor a skill (many hacks, including me, don't have shorthand) nor a working-class occupation (no manual labour). I would call it unskilled middle class.

Now I discover that Matt Taibbi, Rolling Stone's star reporter, agrees, though he puts it more graphically than I've ever done. "If you have no real knowledge or skill set," he says in an interview, "and you're lazy and full of shit but you want to make a decent wage, then journalism's not a bad career option . . . I can't believe people actually go to journalism school. You can learn the entire thing in, like, three days."

Or, judging from the state of some newspapers, less."

Nenhum comentário: